FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WorldMate is Being Discontinued
View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:11 am
intuition
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I am trying tripit but I'm finding it not very good.

Manual entry is clunky. Example; you need to enter both airline long name and flightnumber (which has IATA airline code embedded, so airline name could be autofetched).
Data entry is built around an autofetch from airline schedule based on departure date and flightnumber. But it does not work always, and then there is very little help for data entry. One example is that you need to enter arrival date (instead of system defaulting to same date as departure if left blank)

Manual data entry has a major bug. If you enter a trip with more than two segments, tripit randomly looses data. (segment 2 and 3 might loose destination, flightnumber, arrivaltime or some other field). You enter everything and save, but not all fields are committed to the database.

The "layover-function" is great, and shows automatically time between flights if it detects there is a connection. But it seems a layover over midnight is not considered a connecting flight. Also, it only works between flights.

Finally, the major disadvantage (which it shares with worldmate) is that it can't detect changes in a reservation.

So I am still looking for something like MyFlights but with functionality that allows for all kind of trip-reservations to be added on the timeline.