FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AB tix issued on/before Aug 11 now non refundable
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:46 pm
Colin

Originally Posted by Colin
the settled rule in the US is that when an airline ceases operations, the credit card company will approve a chargeback, so long as the chargeback is requested within 60 days of the statement date containing the charge.

i am not aware on any US requirement for the credit card company to approve a chargeback when the airline continues operating and for the reason of the airline refuses to honor the booking terms.

i am in this situation now with AMEX. have filed the chargeback dispute. will see what happens. best case for me would be AB ceases operations prior to early Oct, so am covered as per first paragraph.

will be interesting.
according to the AMEX telephone rep, AMEX has already (within the first 12 hours post dispute) contacted Air Berlin, AMEX says Air Berlin concedes the refundability of the purchased fare, AMEX has flagged the dispute as Awaiting Refund, and that AMEX will always stand behind its customers when an airline fails.

all good to hear, of course nothing is final yet.