FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Polaris In-flight Experiences
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:49 am
pushmyredbutton

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by PPM
I have flown the new Polaris GF to and from China 3 times in the last 3 months, and same story each time. This is just not GF by any stretch of the imagination and not even standard for others' business products. On one return flight, the wine I requested in GF had "all been used" on the flight over--not enough was boarded. On another flight, they ran out of Pellegrino and served canned club soda. Yesterday, I was asked if I needed slippers, only to be told that there were not enough to go around the business and GF cabin, and as a paying GF passenger, I did not get them. The meal service is no different from business class--no dine on demand--the same rote standing over you to put your napkin on the tray without even asking if you would like your meal then. Also--as a paying GF passenger, my 3 bags were among the last 10 to appear in baggage claim. There is just no comparison with non-US business class products. OH--almost forgot, we had a 5-hour mechanical delay as well, and when I arrived home, I had an email to log into a site to receive an "apology" which was a $200 certificate. Really? For 5 hours and in paid GF? I am writing today to complain.
The 5-hour mechanical and 3 bags coming out last could happen on any carrier, even the best first-class products. Technically even the shortage of sparking water (and usually wine too) could on any carrier occur too should there have been a thirsty inbound flight, but UA has always notoriously undercatered imo.

I'm not a UA First apologist, as I'm well aware it's not at the same level of other carriers first products, but why would you continue to buy the product that you clearly dislike so much 3 times??