FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - the luxury hotels of Venice
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:49 am
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by HumbleBee
Having stayed this summer at the Westin, Danieli, & Gritti, it is criminal to include them in the same league. The gritti renovated all rooms and is arms and shoulder above the others. I would not consider the Danieli or Westin anymore at all.

The Gritti is now one of my favorite hotels in the world, but there is something to be said for the Aman (peace and privacy), and the Cipriani for the resort facilities.

The Gritti is in fact nice enough to change my entire perspective of Venice (being that I hate going around there and prefer staying on property/short direct water taxi trips).
I'm so glad to hear that the Gritti Palace is still delivering such an outstanding experience. We also had a truly sublime stay at the Gritti in Oct 2016--and we gladly would stay again in a heartbeat.

My review:

http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revie...e-upgrade-1632

We also toured and had lunch at the Aman Grand Canal, as we are big fans of Aman. It is a very beautiful property. But we found service to be very comparable at the Gritti. We vastly preferred the Gritti's amazing Riva bar experience every night right on the Grand Canal, something the Aman lacks. We also loved the Gritti location and found it a bit more convenient for all we enjoyed in the city. We therefore wouldn't think twice about staying again at the Gritti over the Aman...even as much as we also love Aman. Dollar for dollar, we found the Gritti to be the better bet for us.

I just included the Gritti as one of our favorite hotels of all time, in fact. Please note that my list also includes Amanjiwo, Amangiri, and Amankila!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28680884-post203.html

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I'll bite again. These are not only the best and most amazing places where we've stayed, but also the only places to which I'd consistently consider returning.

Amanjiwo, Indonesia
Singita Boulders, South Africa
Taj Umaid Bhawan Palace, India
Amangiri, USA
The Upper House, Hong Kong
Peninsula Shanghai, China
Gritti Palace, Italy
La Residence, South Africa
Amankila, Indonesia
Cavas Wine Lodge, Argentina
Cayo Espanto, Belize
St. Regis San Francisco, USA