FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat upgrade coupons
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:18 am
Knobbgb

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by KLouis
It seems to me that A3 should re-write their rules in a very clear fashion and ask their agents to strictly abide by them without using their fantasy to justify their decision. My son flew recently SYD-SIN-MUC-ATH (coach) on SQ/A3 with an A3-issued ticket on which the first two legs were indicated with the A3 code-share number. He was refused a coupon-upgrade for the third leg the excuse being that you can only do it when the major carrier of the itin is also A3. Actually, their written rules say that all legs have to be flown on A3, i.e. the code-shares do not count. Now, why they have that clause is completely strange. Go figure...
I totally agree that the rules need to be much clearer - about this and the other issues we're currently discussing.

I guess the reasoning is that an upgrade of MUC-ATH would force them to offer C-class luggage allowance for the whole itinerary as you can't really have differing allowances on each leg of a single journey. I asked a similar question recently about SAS to A3 itineraries with the SAS flight as A3 codeshare. I guess this probably answers my question - I wouln't have been able to upgrade the A3 leg (I already booked another routing anyway because I suspected that would be the case).