FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA - The 2017 thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:48 pm
RockyRobin

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by Ms.O
I guess this is more of a do you know who you are instead of DYKWIA.

I was on a HAM to LHR flight in seat 1a, the plane was switched out at the last minute and my husband was moved to the second row, while I was left by myself in this giant star trek captain looking seat. I'm a bit of a germaphobe so I was busy cleaning the seat when I hear "I hope that seat is big enough for you, you fat cow" in a thick German accent. I look up to see a young man in his early 20's giving me the filthiest look.

I can't lie it hurt, I am a size 12uk size 8usa due to medication I'm on for my autoimmune disorder. I used to be a size 0-2usa pre-illness so I still have a hard time accepting my new body size and being treated like crap by the general public.

Apparently the flight attendants had heard him, because they treated me like royalty for the entire flight. As soon as I was even half way through my glass of wine they were already giving me a new bottle, finally I had to tell them that I didn't need anymore wine otherwise I wouldn't be able to walk off the plane, so they told me to just put the wine in my purse to drink at my hotel. They were very sweet and had me laughing during the entire flight. A big thank you to these two men, if they hadn't gotten me so drunk I would be able to remember their names to thank them by name.
Im amazed at your restraint! I take it your husband didn't hear this and you didn't tell him!