FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:55 pm
jacobguo

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Thanks for the honest and detailed data. You must have the magic touch - I've been using the same methodology as you (almost verbatim phrasing and sequencing) as a Diamond for several years now and can count on one hand the number of U.S. property suite upgrades I've received - including at some properties you name. For example at the Hilton Richmond, I very clearly recall an interaction with an FD agent who was arguing that suites were "sold out" when they were still selling them online. This escalated to a discussion with a manager who said that they reserved suites only for "regulars" (his wording).

Whatever you're doing, keep it up!

And after this year, I'm more than likely dropping to Gold (lots of spend went to SPG), but maybe now I won't feel so bad...this reinforces that there really is no functional difference between the two.
Thanks! I'm guessing upgrades depends more on the agent you get (and their mood) than everything else. Not nessesarily a bad thing, especially for Golds, but I sure would like to see more consistency.