FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Opinions on sedating babies and toddler?
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:24 am
PWMTrav

Originally Posted by fppmongo
Sad as it may be, it is an increasingly common phenomenon that parents use medicine to tranquilize their small children.
That's a stupid thing to do.

Originally Posted by txpenny
I could see an older generation doing this, but today's parents seem to be quite the opposite as they have access to better information.
I would have thought the same - I googled it based on @fppmongo's suggestion, and it's surprisingly common. A poor decision, IMHO.

From what I see, and this is totally non-scientific, too many parents don't care if their children are disruptive.
Whether or not that's true, what's the relationship between that statement and the topic of this thread? Are you advocating medicating disruptive kids, or just making a general statement?

Originally Posted by fppmongo
Yes, just google it.

Regulatory agencies have looked into this issue as well. There were numerous incidents of drugged-up children (on first-gen antihistamines and such) with serious respiratory depression, some fatal.
I was surprised to see it, but you're right. I just don't see how people think it's fine to medicate their kids for the purpose of convenience.