FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EY 103 - Jet or Etihad?
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:13 am
cmd320
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by living
Hello!

I'm in the process of finalizing some AA mile reservations to Asia! My wife has never flown business on an international airline, and I wanted to give her a great experience.

I currently have, to and from booked on Cathay Business in October, but an opportunity to book the return leg has popped up on Etihad. I was set on switching the return leg to Etihad, when on the phone the operator told me it was a Jet Airways flight, which confused me. Flight is EY 103. I know Etihad sometimes? uses Jet equipment when flying in and out of JFK but I wasn't sure if its just the aircraft or the crew as well? The aircraft says A388 which I assume is just the A380-800.

Any thoughts? The return leg on Cathay has a short connection on Dragon Air, followed by a stop in Vancouver, so I was really hoping to switch. But will the experience be the same?

Any thoughts? Thanks!
So what was the actual EY routing you were able to find?

EY103 should be all A380, so I'm not really sure why the phone agent would have told you this was a Jetihad flight (as far as I'm aware EY isn't flying any 9W aircraft anymore). I'm assuming you were talking with an AA reservations agent who was more than likely just wrong. It's common to find AAgents who are not very knowledgeable on EY.