FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 'Sake Fare' Meet-Up Thread: AMS/BRU-DOH-TYO
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:00 am
BlackBerryAddict

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I managed to get the AMS-DOH-HND-DOH-BRU rerouted to LHR-DOH-NRT // HND-DOH-BRU due to some move of flight time on AMS-DOH. Including the new Qsuites on LHR-DOH, I am very excited.
Originally Posted by simonsmith
Great ours changed too and despite both being on the same booking and both OW Gold they have split us up! And the cabin is full.
I think the middle Q suite seats are not allocated until departure. We were also split up, and all the middle pairs showed full on the seat map. But on online check in we had been moved to a middle pair.

However, I am not a fan of the Q suite. It is very private, but that also makes it claustrophobic. You really can't see anything other than panelling and the person next to you. It also meant that I was forgotten several times on the service (drinks, meals etc) Plus in a way the opening the door is disruptive - especially when they are fiddling around with it.

The middle screen can be lowered further than the take off/landing position, but it is a manual process that requires a cabin crew member to fiddle with a special key somewhere near your feet, and then reaching over you to be able to exert enough force to move it either up or down - the screen that is. All a bit intrusive.