FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Inconsistent Customer Service - Going back on what they promised
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:04 am
Gomac

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Yes I was affected, but almost certainly not as heavily as others. Booked on Saturday morning LHR-NCL for Sunday but then the IT problems started to cause problems as I received an error message at booking confirmation and said that it hadn't gone through although I could see the money on the Amex taken. After an hour I had not received an email confirmation so called the Gold line and this is when things were just starting to get bad with all the IT issues. They said I didn't have a booking and the money would be released back on to the card and to try again when the systems are back up and running. At this point it didn't look like anything was going out on BA for some time so I cancelled my plans and left it. Lone behold in the early hours of Sunday morning I received a booking confirmation saying I was booked, I couldn't travel anymore so I called up to cancel my booking which they did free of charge to be fair. A day later I receive an email from Alex Cruz apologising that I was caught up in the IT mess.