FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What are the most stupid things you have heard people say when walking through F/J?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:28 pm
CBear

Originally Posted by Dennis88
Maybe I just pay too much attention, but I feel like this happens about every other time I'm in the F or D1 cabin.

I think it mostly stems from a misconception of the generally flying public about the cost of flying upfront. I know I have had friends who just can't understand how I, as a 29-year old, can fly D1 or F....well, F is mostly just because I get upgraded or because I need the flexibility, and international D1 is because it actually makes a difference in productivity when I arrive and being self-employed the incremental cost isn't that bad because of the tax write-off, but to make that clear...I usually just give up and tell them I booked with miles.
For the person without any status and without any chance of any upgrades, it's a massive difference in cost between Y and F.

Random date in Sept ATL-JNB: Cheapest Y: $1700. Cheapest D1: $9000. This is what pop ups when you search for your fair on Delta.com. So maybe excuse them for this "misconception."

Last edited by CBear; Aug 14, 2017 at 1:38 pm