FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: 2018 Elite Status - fewer elites, perks changes, etc.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:59 pm
Biggie Fries

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by PA Pilot
My frustration this morning is I finally have increased my travel and after several years of only being able to achieve platinum I would have made EXP if it weren't that annoying EQD requirement. 110K miles but $2500 shy of the EQD threshold. I am exclusively a domestic flyer. At this point I would almost be willing to pay up the difference because of my anticipated travel in 2018.
Think about getting -- now! -- the Barclays' AAdvantage Aviator Red Mastercard, and running up $25,000 in charges between now and the end of the year. Will get you 3000 EQDs. Yeah, it's a lot of money, but put all your regular spend on it, use Plastiq to pay things like property tax and contractors that you would normally not put on a credit card, pay a few thousand in utility bills in advance... It will end up being a lot cheaper for you than whatever AA will want to boost you up to Exec Plat again.