FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Aug 12, 2017, 2:10 pm
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Sydney Double Bay

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked King Bayside, given Bayside Executive Suite with Club.

How are the rooms?
Rather large suite with a terrace facing the bay. Great views. Turning left from the door there is a long hallway to the salon. Turning right is a large bedroom with a very large bathroom. His and hers sinks.

How is the exec. lounge?
Excellent service. The evening food isn't enough for a dinner, but the quality is tops. I tried breakfast both in the club and the restaurant, which is included for RA's/Club customers, and they were about the same. Same kitchen of course and the omelettes were very good.

Welcome gift?
Wine, fruit and high end water.

How was the minibar?
I was very impressed with this mini-bar. I've never had actual Champagne in Australia as they have their own sparkling wine, but this hotel has full bottles of Perrier-Jouët in the mini-bar! And a full bottle of Penfold's Bin 28. And a nice bottle of Chardonnay. And all the rest that you usually get in a good mini-bar. And they replaced it all each afternoon.

What was good and what was bad?
Excellent service throughout. This is a real luxury level hotel. Almost as good as a Four Seasons. It is in a very high end neighborhood judging by all the six-figure cars driving around. Sitting on the terrace sipping Champagne and watching the boats go by makes for a nice day. ^

-Good
For Australians this is a very expensive hotel. But when you convert to Euros it is cheaper than Le Grand or Park Lane.

-Bad
Nothing.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Great value as an RA if you like Champagne.

Would you return?
Yes I will.