FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - overbooked flights ex LHR
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2004, 12:55 am
LH738

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Does anyone have any experience of what KL will do in these circumstances? I'm connecting beyond AMS (just another hop up to Norway) - do they look to reroute people via other carriers

Thanks

Tony
I'm regularly flying out of LHR on Thursday and Friday evening when the flights are full. They regularly call my name in the Holideck lounge and I receive an operational upgrade LHR-AMS. Or if I'm not in the lounge, they call my name just before boarding. (And sometimes they operate a B767 )

Due to a snow storm in January, the flights were delayed. They still "put" me on the flight but I wasn't able to reach my onward connection in AMS (which was already clear in LHR; I then received in AMS a hotel voucher + breakfast voucher + dinner voucher + telephone card). The staff will try to put you on the plane to AMS. If the staff in LHR will (have to) reroute you, they will have to ask in AMS for permission.

(You will also get a sticker on the boarding pass for fast track in LHR - if you don't use the machine to check-in. But often there are also not many people in the regular lines for security)