FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Process -- the how of luxury booking and behavior
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:51 am
Aventine
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
^
I don't really like the informal chatting with GMs. It makes me somehow uncomfortable. Ok I'm happy to be on holidays, happy to visit the place and happy to experience a nice hotel. But this kind of conversation can feel forced and I don't believe I am that important to have the GM come and speak to me Hopefully he has some much more serious business to do.

Regarding requests I usually deal directly with the hotel and try to write down everything so I make a single email. The problem is that usually it is answered by each concerned department (concierge, spa, reception, etc.) and I end up with 3 or 4 different emails exchange. Butler service would actually be more important BEFORE than during the stay.
I find it awkward too and most times I'm happy never to need to contact a GM. I dislike those ivory tower GMs who don't find the time to communicate with guests and just pass along the email to subordinates. I'll use friendly contacts for an introduction if it's a brand or chain that I have some loyalty to. My booking agent also does this at places new and unfamiliar to me.

I don't like making my agent into an errand boy with a honey-do-list. They have more important things than relaying our stay requests. This can definitely be taken up with the appropriate departments from the hotel or resort. People like Joy at N'oi or butlers make these tasks easier.

some properties have >concierge (or social media) office in addition to concierge desk
guest relations etc team, sometimes not available to all guests
staff who contact all guests in advance to discuss their stay
Ah, Facebook and Instagram pages. I'm not a fan of them. Not often empowered to do much beyond basic responses, liking photos and other social media functions. Signiel Seoul's Facebook page gave me a phone number to call for stay related request. Would not pass on to the relevant team.

Last edited by Aventine; Aug 11, 2017 at 8:58 am