FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Process -- the how of luxury booking and behavior
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:32 am
KatW
Original Member

Process -- the how of luxury booking and behavior

What is the process behind luxury-seeking behavior? Two examples to get us started:

Many here refer to chatting with a general manager or director -- I never have figured out how to do this and wonder why I should. Yes, I get why this could be useful but I can't see myself chasing this sort of woohoo.

In any case, how does this happen? I think I would feel awkward unless it happened as a matter of course. There are MANY posts here about folk interacting with this, that and the other manager. Color me flummoxed or maybe just out of it.

NEXT: Great, the fab respite has been booked through a luxury TA and all is well. But, wait! Now there are additional requirements; flowers, candles in room and on terrace, chess set in suite, pitcher of sangria at checkin, etc. All small requests. But the booking is through the agent. And, let's assume one is scatter-brained and doesn't request everything at once; instead dribbles out one small request after another. Should these requests go through the booking agent? Or, through the venue/concierge?

All about the how, the practice of booking luxury.