FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggest FT add “Like” button [implemented 9 Aug 2017]
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:15 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
IB doesn't give two patooties about what we really like (pardon the pun) want. It will do what it wants to do. IBobi posted above as though some of what he posted was still under consideration, when he knew this was going live 2 days later.
That's factually inaccurate. This has been SanDiego1K's decision all along. IB implemented a feature because she wanted to try it. IB would not have turned it on without her concurrence.

As to IB not caring about users' preferences, that could hardly be more wrong. There is no other website on the Internet where users have more influence than this one. I am counting SanDiego1K as a user because her charter is to optimize the user experience. Others are concerned with financial aspects, but as far as I know she doesn't deal with any of that. Not even search engine optimization. IB has spent money on features for us which have no direct or obvious financial benefit to them. That doesn't happen on other sites.

I trust SanDiego1K's judgment. She has earned our trust even more so than Randy. I don't believe that any of us could have done a better job since Randy left, and that includes Randy.