FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggest FT add “Like” button [implemented 9 Aug 2017]
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:13 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by kipper
I agree.

I'm not able to find the like button in OMNI.
They're turning it on forum by forum. It would be further ironic if it was not turned on in the Omnis It should be; there's no rational reason for the Omnis to be excluded.

Originally Posted by nsx
"You kids get off my lawn!"

I don't view this as a case of you kids get off my lawn - you'd need to speak for yourself on that one I view this as something that was implemented even though over the years it was basically a 50/50 split by FTers who wanted it & those who didn't.

And this time it was implemented without a public notice in advance to garner input (TM coming out a day before it was implemented isn't really a lot of public notice).

The best solution & a 'win-win' for all FTers is to make the feature an on/off as IB does with other features. Then those who would like to see likes could do so & those who don't want their FT viewing disrupted wouldn't have to see it. But IB has said point-blank that they're not interested in doing so - aka, tough patooties to those who don't like the like feature or find it disruptive.

Short of the like feature breaking down, the odds of this being deactivated are slim to zip - just like TB rarely closed forums, IB doesn't delete features.

Cheers.