FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Always check that your ROP # appears on your boarding pass
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:31 am
Thai-Kiwi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by BinSabai
sorry but I consider this more as the typical arrogant and snotty Farang-Attitude!
Many other Airlines give a .... about gold and do not provide any additional service or care
TG Crews try to provide but not all can make it obvious on all flights and then they are blamed for "typical Thai inconsistency"

I rather prefer the Thai inconsistency over the total ignorance of other Airlines!
Did you mean '...arrogant and snotty Farang airline Attitude' ?

Otherwise I sincerely apologise if you feel my comment was in poor taste - I intended a somewhat in-house (culturally) remark to those who have lived in Thailand for a bit and have experienced the highs and lows of life there.

Rough translation I hoped was 'welcome to (the) Thai style', with a slightly negative or self-deprecating tenor/humour. My Thai family and friends certainly have expressed this sentiment of Thai 'complexity' to me over the past 30+ years.... They, more than I ever will, experience this themselves.

Probably a poor metaphor, but I consider (say) SQ to be rather like a tube of Pringles, with each crisp boringly predicatable in consistency; whereas TG is more like a bag of [insert brand] crisps where each crisp is different and some are small or broken, but sometimes some are perfect.

Enough rambling....

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Aug 10, 2017 at 5:33 am Reason: spelling