FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:18 am
Unterwegs

IC Pattaya

IC Pattaya

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Very

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest, got Room 533 (same as scubaccr - see his review a few posts above mine)

How are the rooms?
Nicely decorated, relatively big, curtain between bedroom and bathroom.
Big nice tub, separate shower, two sinks in the middle of the room. Unfortunately no work desk, not enough power outlets (some of them work only when the light is on)

How is the exec. lounge?
Nice floor in separate building close to room. Good offerings for breakfast, high tea and happy hour.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Padded neck support, small fruit basket

How was the minibar?
The usual bigger bottles of spirits, otherwise minimal (only one diet drink)

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
- No Agraria - Harnn instead (wish all hotels would get rid of the Agri amenities
- Very nice and personal service
- Only 2 hours by car from BKK, 2.5 from the IC Bangkok (hotel cars are expensive, just book one of the services online)

-Bad
- Pattaya, wish the hotel would be in a nicer city without the overprices taxis
- Thied to book the shuttle bus, but it was booked out twice. They need a bigger bus

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Paid rate is very reasonable for what you get

Would you return?
Yes.

Which one, Pattaya or Hua Hin?
- Both places are fairly easy to reach from Bangkok, Pattaya is 1-1.5 hours closer
- Hua Hin is by far a nicer city with good restaurants, walking areas and a in general pleasant atmosphere, Pattaya is mostly a dump (my personal opinion)
- The pool in Pattaya is nicer, but poolbeds are too dense
- The beach in Hua Hin is much nicer and inviting
- Cannot compare club lounges since I have not been back in Hua Hin after they opened the new lounge
- There are restaurants and shops in walking distance in Hua Hin, Pattaya requires taxi or shuttle bus every time
Overall: For 2 or 3 days max staying in the Hotel I would go back to Pattaya. For a longer stay I would select Hua Hin