FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:01 pm
Unterwegs

IC Bangkok

IC Bangkok

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Mostly. (Two different stays within one week)

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest on corp rate, received Club room on high floor (same on both)

How are the rooms?
Relatively spacious for a regular room, bathroom with separate shower/tub

How is the exec. lounge?
The lounge itself is nice, but the food offerings have been reduced even more (did not think it would be possible). At happy hour one day no hot food at all, cold snacks very underwhelming. Breakfast has no more ham or cold cuts, very limited fruits. In general pretty disappointing.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Tea filled small elephant, bottle of red, small fruit basked (refilled at turn down)

How was the minibar?
Still some of the bigger bottles, but otherwise further reduced (no diet drinks etc). Fridge looked empty.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
- The new shopping mall Central Embassy (turn left at the street, pass the Central Department Store, its the building with the silver roof) has lots of restaurants on the nigher floor (including a Somboon on the 5th floor - my favoured and a very nice food court in the basement)

-Bad
- They wanted to park me somewhere first when showing up at 10:30 because they had no rooms available. Had to remind them of the rules.
- Offerings in the club lounge. Almost not worth going there for happy hour (unless you want to get drunk)
- No suite upgrade from regular room. Need to book something significantly more expensive to end up in a corner suite (which is not really worth it)

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Rate was relatively reasonable for Bangkok (sometimes the hotel has insanely high rates), but without RA status you can do much better elsewhere

Would you return?[/QUOTE]
Only if the rate is reasonable and I still have RA status possibly yes.

Last edited by Unterwegs; Aug 7, 2017 at 11:40 pm