FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - +Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:29 pm
dfs24

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Not a massive choice for the end of September....

Oryx Rotana Doha, Warwick Doha, The Westin Doha Hotel and Spa, Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel, Fraser Suites Doha, Souq Waqif boutique Hotels, W Doha Hotel and Residences, InterContinental Doha,The City

What would you recommend?

We would probably have two nights (second @ $50), but never been to Doha before.

Would probably like to eat locally rather than having all meals at the hotel - is breakfast pricey at these hotels, as they all appear to be room only?

Have Gold status with Marriott / SPG but doubt that will be of benefit (not sure on the chains for the others)

Mind you just looked at the price of the hotels and they are mostly around or under £100 per night - so one has to question the value of the offer anyway. I do accept that $50 is a quarter of this, but had the idea that this was a bargain as rates would be much higher.

Still open to suggestions however on the list above

Thanks!
For my dates, the Westin was about 150GBP

I too have a similar selection. Have only been to the Oryx before. Wanted the Sharq but not available on my dates. Anyone knows if they will release more rooms closer to the dates? Travelling 10 Sept

I looked up some of the hotels and this is what I gathered.

Oryx = Been there on STPC. It's in the middle of nowhere, but generally pleasant.
Warwick = Looks like some of the more basic 5 star, small rooms in the middle of nowhere.
Westin = New, Nice and big room and pool but just surrounded by main roads, near Souq Waqif
Marriot Marq = Connected to the mall, but looked a little dated
Souq Waqif = Tiny rooms it seems
W/Int.C = Both are nice city hotels.
Hilton = Dated, beach resort.

Think I'll go for the Westin because I wanted a hotel with a nice Pool and rooms.