FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation for no special meals on CE domestic out of LCY?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:33 am
albpenny

Programs: BAEC Silver
Smile Compensation for no special meals on CE domestic out of LCY?

hello all.

In the last 5 weeks I have taken 5 flights between LCY and GLA, all in CE. On each of these flights, my special meal has not been loaded (it's in my profile, and has been since I joined the BAEC). In that time, I also took a domestic flight GLA-LHR in CE, and the special meal was boarded no problem.

I understand from here that there is an issue at LCY and special meals, they may or may not be picked up and customers can't order them in advance. Before each of the flights, I called BAEC to get them to add the meal to my flight, each time they said they couldn't request it, but would place a note on my account. As above, each time, the note was not picked up.

I complained to BA, who have been pretty unhelpful. Their continued response has been along the lines of the most recent email:

"Unfortunately, under our polices and guidelines I'm unable to offer any compensation. I hope you'll understand we have to be consistent and fair to all our passengers and we can't make an exception this time. I know this wasn't the answer you were hoping for and I'm sorry for the disappointment."

Now, I know from FT and other blogs that this statement is not correct, BA has given compensation to passengers who have not had their special meals (or any meals!).

so my question is: what do I do now? Give up? Respond and point out cases where passengers have been given avios for no meals? I don't normally complain, but i'm actually quite annoyed about it! Am I being unreasonable in feeling annoyed?

Thanks in advance.