FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Warning: TAP Changes Fare Class of Discount Tickets
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Warning: TAP Changes Fare Class of Discount Tickets

I purchased a discount ticket on TP from the US website as I did not need checked luggage for the trip; according to ITA Matrix, the fare class of the ticket available at the discount price was U. Upon confirmation, I called TP and asked for a copy of the receipt emailed; they emailed me the Amadeus Travel Document that looks like the below (obviously that's not exactly what I was sent, the fare class and fare basis are the same as original, everything else changed).

FROM /TO FLIGHT CL DATE DEP FARE BASIS NVB NVA BAG ST

LONDON HEATHROW TP 917 U 09APR 2125 U15DSC0C 09APR 09APR 30K OK
TERMINAL:2
BANGKOK SEAT: 33A ARRIVAL TIME: 1500 ARRIVAL DATE: 10APR
SUVARNABHUMI
INTL

The flight credited as E class and earned only 10% miles (U class earns 50% in most programs and E earns 0-10% in most programs). I contacted my FFP who told me TP reported the flight was booked in E class. It took me several phone calls and emails to get them to honor the 50% mileage for U class; several agents told me TP reported it as E class and there was nothing they could do.

Buyer beware, if you book a discount ticket you will likely earn based on O, E, T classes even if the fare class you purchase is different.

EDIT: As an aside, does anyone know what NVA and NVB mean?