FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - UAE, KSA, Bahrain and Egypt withdraw licenses and close airspace
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:40 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by rjn21
I had Expertlyer open and could see all fare buckets were selling in first for my preferred MCT flights and in business for the existing HEL flights.
Originally Posted by rjn21
For people calling without prior access to expertflyer or similar to see route options, flight numbers, times, availability etc. to come up with a plan and live access on the call to look at any issue that arises, it must be tricky for both passenger and the agent to come up with a good solution.
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
All the more reason, before contacting QR, to have studied various options (obviously access to EF helps, I've subscribed for many years at USD9.99/month) so you can agree with the booking agent a specific and detailed alternative itinerary that best suits you.
When checking availability for QR to rebook you, I recommend being sure to change the EF Point of Sale (PoS) to UAE. EF doesn't have Qatar as a PoS, but UAE seems to be close enough. I have run into situations where some flights have different availability with a UAE PoS versus a U.S. PoS.

By the way, Phil the Flyer, if you subscribe using the $100/year option, you'll save ~$20 versus the $10/month option.