FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying/Renewing Global Entry w/ Dismissed/Expunged Arrests/Charges/Convictions
Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:57 pm
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by snugglening
I was not found guilty but was give Diversion program were I plead guilty but it is held in abatement and if I complete the court ordered obligations the case is dismissed which makes you correct that I completed my probation.

I just talked to a TSA person and told him about my situation and he was a typical jerk. He said I needed to get the official records of my expungement right away to the office or my GE would be revoked. Funny thing was I was arrested in 2015 and used my GE twice (I got the X both times), but nothing was ever mentioned to me about it being revoked.

I am on the fence with giving them my records of expungement so they can put in the system cause i actually fear that when I do submit them with my luck they will revoke it.

What do you folks think I should submit it now and believe the system will work in my favor and they will clear the X?
The TSA person was not a "jerk" but he was also the wrong person to speak with. GE is operated by CBP.

As it happens, the TSA Officer was correct and gave you good advice.

Federal officials are not looking at the facts of a conviction, but the conduct that leads to it. That is why they do not --- for the most part --- care about state law diversion programs and the like.

Showing that you completed the program and that the case was formally dismissed is a smart move. With the passage of time, locating those records may become harder. It is often the case that courts, police departments, probation officers, and others, fail to take care that a dismissal is actually entered. A decent lawyer ought to have calendared this for himself to check.