FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeromexico Upgrade thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:21 pm
maverikbc

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by Flypremium
I purchased a RT LAX-BOG on an OTA but I'm unable to add my Skymiles # on the manage booking page: any clue on how to do it? I even tried partners websites (GA use to be handy for this kind of operation) but so far I'm unsuccessful...

Side note FYI: I'm offered to bid 165$ to 240$ per flight, with an "instant upgrade" priced at 205$ for MEX-BOG and BOG-MEX.
I don't think you can do that on aeromexico.com. I called them once to get my reservation code. I was offered to enter my FF#. I declined, because I wanted to do some research where to credit. She then offered me to sign up for their program... I'll wait till check in to enter my FF#. I'll probably credit to AS. I'm having another long haul trip with MU (a ST member), and I won't be able to credit to AS, so I may open a new account with somebody within ST. I've lost my faith with DL long ago, although miles with them never expire and sometimes they offer good deals like Tapachula-Vancouver for 17.5k one way with low fees and taxes.

YVR-MEX leg buy now is USD290, MEX-LIM leg buy now is USD205, both August and September, both inbound and outbound. All segments minimum bid is USD155.

While it's cheaper than buying J at time of booking, I'm not convinced even if I get them at mimium bid because all legs are with narrow-body, I've heard lounges at MEX is less than mediocre (and I can enter with my Priority Pass anyway), I may or may not get lounge access at YVR and LIM (YVR I don't care because of early morning departure).