FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:55 pm
qukslvr619

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by transportprof
The way that you've described this breakfast, it sounds much more appealing. We eat a lot of salmon for breakfast up here in Vancouver. Probably second only to New York City, where it's served on many bagels.
It's unfortunate that more FA's don't take the time to actually look beyond just the description printed on the meal wrapping because it can really make a difference in how one orders not to mention the perception about the "quality" of the service. I'd be more inclined to order a salad with egg vs. an egg salad. In this case the label should be printed by the caterer as follows:
ENT, BREAKFAST
PROTEIN PLATE
(SMOKED SALMON)

Now it's up to the FA to either reference UA's internal "chef tips" or actually open an entrée up and peek inside.

I usually avoid fish on the ground (not a big seafood eater) so in the air its usually the last thing I would order. However I was left with a cold salmon salad option a few weeks ago on Express and I actually enjoyed eating it (and so did my 2 year old oddly enough).

I posted this a few pages back but the cold plate offerings that are rotating currently are the following:
-Breakfast protein plate (hard boiled egg, turkey, grapes, cheese, grapes, apricot, almonds)
-Fruit/cold oatmeal with chia seeds and mango
-Greek breakfast protein plate (feta hummus, olive/carrot, celery almonds, turkey)
-Breakfast protein plate (hardboiled egg, cucumber, smoked salmon, brie, almonds)