FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BEG Claim Denied- Different Room. Room modified by hotel before BRG claim processed
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:25 am
Oj778

BRG Claim Denied- Different Room. Room Modified by Hotel Before BRG Claim Processed

Choice has become very shady with their BRG.

I booked a king room, with no sofabed, non refundable rate on the Choice website. Then I found a better deal on Priceline so I submitted a BRG claim form with Choice. Roughly 24 hours later I receive a reply saying that my claim is denied due to the room type is not the same on Priceline.

I check my reservation, and discovered my reservation got modified, with no communication (email or phone call). Instead of the King room I booked, the reservation showed that I'm confirmed for the King room with sofabed (which is $5 more on the Choice site, but the price on my reservation shows the same price I paid for the king room, no sofabed).

I check my email confirmation (the email confirmation I received right after I originally booked the King room on Choice), and the email confirmation clearly shows I booked the King room, no sofabed.

I call up Choice hotels to complain. The customer rep I dealt with informed me that I'm correct, my reservation was modified. I was told the hotel modified my reservation to give me a free upgrade to a king room with sofabed. After informing the rep that I put in a BRG claim, the rep told me to call the hotel and get them to change the reservation back to the King room, no sofabed and they can re-process my BRG claim. I told the rep to please call the hotel herself.

She calls, the hotel, they change the reservation back to the original room I booked. The rep said they will re-process the BRG claim.

This morning the Choice prices as well as the prices on priceline.com for that specific hotel changed so most likely the BRG claim will come back as denied.

Is there any re-course? this ever happened to anyone else, after submitting a BRG claim, to find out your hotel reservation got modified resulting in the BRG claim coming back as denied? I don't live in the USA so if the claim was approved it would have been a free night.

Last edited by Oj778; Aug 2, 2017 at 8:55 am