FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort {ARE}
View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2017, 5:01 am
Wozza2404

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by MrLee
I did make a booking at The Walk last night, but I'm still not sure if I'll keep it. It was mainly for the exec lounge, which I hear has a great view. I booked a loft apartment, which also seems like it will have a lovely view.

I would like a nice view (as you may have guessed!), but being on the beach isn't that important as my red hair turns me into a bit of a wimp in the heat. So I don't plan to be stuck on a beach all day.

I would also like to be somewhere well located for dinner options which don't cost an arm and a leg, so would I be better suited staying somewhere like Hilton Dubai Creek?
The Walk exec lounge has an open air terrace area on the roof, and the view over the palm is very nice. The exec lounge at Hilton JBR is on the other side, and although you can go out onto the balcony there isn't a roof terrace. It looks the other way down JBR - you can't see the palm.

In that area, there are loads of reasonably priced food options. Lots of chains like Chilis are down on JBR, and there are plenty of pub options like Girders who do 'pint and a burger' type food. The beach front restaurant at Hilton JBR (which you can access from the Walk) is also nice for a lunch.

How long are you there? The obvious suggestion would be to split your stay between one of the JBR properties and then stay at the Creek (or even the Conrad if you've never stayed there before)?