FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 7 Hours in SIN.
Thread: 7 Hours in SIN.
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2004, 3:52 pm
PremEx2000

Programs: United
Originally Posted by dave_261
Stevetas- I'm guessing you've been to SIN before, but if not, you may also considering heading into the city for a couple hours.
You could take the airport's free city tour, which takes about 2 hours, or you could even hop on the MRT and head into the city on your own schedule.
Stevetas:

If you have never been to Singapore, you must, must, must, must, must, must, must, MUST go into the city--even if it will be in the wee hours of the morning. Please, trust me on this one. You can relax and sleep on the fligh back. Look up Singapore on the Mileage Run category and you will see many helpful tips on going into the city, including posts by me in my current incarnation and my former incarnation (PremEx2000). Cab fare into the city is relatively cheap from a U.S. perspective. You can get AWESOME food--the best in the world--anytime, day or night (or overnight). You can even get back to the airport in time to take a shower so you are refreshed. YOU MUST GO INTO THE CITY IF YOU'VE NEVER BEEN THERE BEFORE. PLEASE!! DO IT. YOU WON'T REGRET IT. Yes, Changi is awesome, but the city is even better, even at 3am. YOU MUST! Remember, you can sleep when you're dead.