FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Business) Beijing Capital Airlines, Lisbon-Beijing R/T, 1.580 EUR
Old Jul 31, 2017, 6:38 pm
shek3112

Originally Posted by GeorgieBoy4
Thank you shek3112.
rt23456p's contribition is typical of todays generation of e-mail style writing that shows the writer thinks just for the "me, me, me take, take, take" syndrome. Having said that, there is also a possibility of a cultural thing. In my experience in Hong Kong the typical ordinary Cantonese person would not necessarily say 'please' as a first thought. On the other hand, flyertalk seems to be frequented by well educated travellers. So I would expect to see better manners in here. We are after all using the English language... The old saying "Manners Maketh Man" is spot on.
Hi georgieboy4

I'm afraid i have to disagree with you on that. As a traditional Hong Konger I'm taught since I'm a kid the importance of manner and respect. I couldn't see this, and deny this as a Cantonese culture.

Having said that, i do have to admit that some children nowadays are not taught properly. The parents just treat themselves as slaves of the children and thus affecting them to have a bad/demanding writing/talking manner without respect. From my limited experience i know this happens to uk and oz kids alongside greater china. Speaking English doesn't necessarily implies better manner.

Thanks & Regards,
Michael