FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points Barcelona Diagonal, Spain [Master Thread]
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:08 pm
claes059

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Pictures and review of a warm and comfy stay in the Four Points Barcelona.

Recently I stayed for two nights in the Four Points Barcelona. I took a taxi, which is around 10 – 15 euro’s from plaza Cataluna. I did not like to take the Metro, its a hassle with a suitcase and all the steps up and downin the underground corridors.
I recieved a very warm welcome back greeting and the manager on duty came around to greet me. It was a really a nice arrival.

Until now I did not like to stay longer but after my last stays I did like the hotel. I have stayed in the executive room with some extra’s, what made my stay somewhat more comfy.

This time I had the same executive room but now, on my request, with a very comfy seat. It made my stay much more comfortable and all executive/cornerrooms should offer a comfy seat. It made my stay perfect. Its nice to have a coffee and read a paper, a book or relax in a comfy seat.
I noticed the old bedlights were replaced by modern ones and the rppm offered a larger flarsceen tv, both weres a great improvement.

I liked the spaciousness of the room. I do regret these rooms do not offer a bathroom with bathtub as they used to. The showercabine is a little cramped.

When I wanted to have a coffee, I did not know how to make a cup with this new coffeemachine. At home I have a Nespresso, but this machine was very different. So I called the reception. Mrs. Andrea tried to help me but without succes. So she offered to help me and came to my room. She tried …… and I tried again….. no manuel available.
She went away to get some help. Finally she came back with the barman. In a minute he showed us how it worked. The coffee capsule had to be placed inside and the tiny handle had to be pushedin a very forcefull way, one has to push the handle hard, very hard. I did not dare to do it since it was of plastic and thought it would be broken if I handled it with force.
Two or three different kind of capsule where delivered with the machine. It was for me not clear which one was the dark roast or the light one. Mrs. Greta could not tell me either. The barman did know it for sure. So I was relieved and could finally have a coffee. I had to drink it up in a paper cup….. It strange no decent coffeecup or mug is offered. It better to drink and its much better for our environment. Hope the hotel will change this, for a greener world.

I did not have dinner in the restaurant. I do not like the ambiance and interior so much. For me it feels like a cantine, with the big tv screen and bar….
Many restaurants in the area and when taking the tram it brings you to a lively neighborhood/shoppingmall, Diagonal Mar.

The first night I was tired so I had a very good sleep in the comfy Kingbed. I do not like the Fourpoints quality/odeur of the bathamenities so much so I used my own.
Plenty of towels available. The Showercabin is too cramped for me.

I did not have breakfast since I had an early departure for Girona with the AVE (Renfe) train.
In the evening I had a nice organic dinner in the city.

This night I could not sleep. The room was very warm despite the AC. I could only turn it to 18 degrees but it was so hot. I did have a blanket on my requests but I guess it was not a cotton one. So I opened the small room. However, during the weekend the tram while ride during the night and this kept me awake. Even with the window closed it disturbed my sleep. So next time I guess I have to ask for a higher floor……

Breakfast was very busy, the area even feels a little cramped with so many guests and tables. I noticed how professional the staff was. Though guests had their strong preferences, as I did for a table at the window, they tried to cope with it. Staff stayed friendly, helpfull and acted very efficient and organized. Some guests from India had many requests, f.i. regarding their Indian noodles and sauce, but the waitress stayed calm, friendly and explained what was possible to do. Though these guests were persistent and tried to get what they wanted ( which was not on the buffet) the waitress stayed very helpfull and professional.
I did not know how to get coffee with only a little bit of milk and though it was so busy the friendly waiter offered me to make me a double espresso con leche. The coffee was great and I was pleased with this kind of service in a Four Points hotel.
The buffet is ok, more or less the same as before, I did not like the quality of the cold cut meat so much.

As always I make a Green Choice and give my points to Unicef.
This time I noticed the maid made up my bed and room. I tried to connect with the reception and mrs. Greta from Italy told me too wait. I was kept on hold for half an hour and was disconnected. So I went down and had a talk with her. She apologized, since the system was overloaded with calls I was disconnected. And since she was an intern she did not know what to do. She was the same person who helped me with the coffeemachine and I have had some talks with her. I experienced her as a very warm, helpful and professional receptionist who goes one step further for a guest. A true Italian star of Starwood!

I had a nice stay in the Four Points Barcelona, especially since I had this comfy chair in my room. And since I liked the warm attitude of the personnel so much, especially of mrs. Greta. It was very different from my stays before, when I did not feel this warm attitude at all.
Next time I should have a executive room on a higher floor or on the backside, so in the weekend the noise of the tram will not disturb my sleep.
I do hope the AC will be fixes, since it was too hot in my room.
I want to thank the reception for the warm, helpfull and professional attitude I encountered during my stay