FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying for the sake of flying with GGL and CCR in mind...
Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:49 pm
milesaddict

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite
Doha to Kuala Lumpur QR Business Class B78

I arrived from Tunis at 12 am, while I could catch the 2:25am flight I went for the morning one.
The reason I picked that flight boils down to one word : B787

Qatar Airways serves Kuala Lumpur 3 times a day all operated by different planes and configurations:
- Airbus A340-600(already taken on the same route)
- Boeing B777-300ER(already taken on the same route)
- Boeing B787-8 it's today's flight

The less tiring option would have been to fly the A340 taking off in the middle of the night with a landing at 3pm, I would have had more time to rest in KL. Alas I'm still in good shape I can make it.

With roughly 8 hours to spare before boarding again from my previous flight I had plenty of time to enjoy the lounge.

You can check the full review:
http://www.youtripreport.com/report/...-qatar-airways

We arrived at a remote stand and deplaned by bus and my way to the lounge and the restaurant for a quick meal. I’m always stunned by the overall design. Along with the First Class lounge, it’s just a masterpiece. Would you agree?

My meal:

View from my seat, FYI, if you need a plug, it seems there is none, but when you get inside from the elevator, you can find one behind the bar on the left, you need to take the last table.

The bar:

I remained at my seat until 5am where I went to the business center to print my Qatari Visa and the confirmation of my stay at the Ritz Carlton in Doha. I bought the ticket with the promotion of a free visa and a 5* hotel for free.

In case you want to play:

But it’s time to feed me and not play.. Even If my monitor my weight daily since I try to remain medium..
Let’s check out the breakfast buffet:

30 minutes before boarding I left the lounge to the boarding gate and wandered a bit

When I arrived on-board I was happy to be back to a 1-2-1 layout. When I think some airlines are still offering a 2-3-2 layout, it’s just a no-go.

My seat

Too narrow

Lemon and mint as always

I’m a bit tired…

The menu

Take off

Soon after, the cabin crew was released and so were the pax shortly after.

I was so beat that as soon my order was taken, I put the seat into a bed and slept for more than 3 hours.

Let's eat !
Salmon gravlax. Tasty!

Actually I had 2… Remember the report about My Quest for Balik? I was not joking. I love Salmon!

I then had the beef and omelette. The beef was once again well done…

I can’t get enough of that view

Both deserts were great and tasty

We landed at 10pm. Flight time was 7:45 minutes. 45 minutes longer than my previous flight to KUL from DOH in May.

Bottom line:
It's always a pleasure to have a 1-2-1 layout in Business Class. The breakfast was fantastic despite the meat. But since it's usual, I won't impact the overall experience.

Crew : Much less impressive (rather cold) than my previous flight but they did the job well.

Next report : MH First Class lounge + QR B787 to Doha