FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I mix SkyTeam legs with stopovers on a Korean Air award booking?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:11 pm
Stgermainparis

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mtkeller
Should be 155K in J. Your open jaw is entirely within Asia 2 for the SkyTeam chart, so that appears to be kosher. I wish you luck in finding trans-oceanic DL award inventory that's available to KE. (Even when available to AF/KL.) I haven't had any luck TATL, but perhaps there's something there TPAC?
Hmmm. the NRT-ATL flights goes north over the pole, no? But anyway, in my searches on KE, I am indeed having trouble finding the NRT-ATL route on KE. I'm wondering if I could route inbound as follows (allowing for KE metal for NRT-ICN-LAX):

DPS-NRT(stopover)-ICN-LAX-MCO

Can't remember if there is a limit to segments and if this routing would automatically eliminate NRT stopover.

So actually, I could do a dummy itinerary for LAX-ICN-HKG and DPS-NRT-ICN-LAX and it priced out at the 155k and $350 charges. What I can't do is add the MC0-LAX segment on either end. I think it tries to route via ATL. Is forced routing MCO-LAX-ICN-HKG something KE could do over phone?

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Jul 30, 2017 at 12:31 pm