FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Give a Mile - Canadian Charity Providing Compassionate Flights w Aeroplan Miles
Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:00 pm
WR Cage

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
FAQ Donations & Donors

Frequently Asked Questions About DONATIONS/DONORS

1) Can I choose a specific person/story to donate my miles to?
Yes, you can. Read a story that is compelling or resonates with you. Each story has a reference code associated with i.e. SAM-01. You can then select the specific person you would like to help and enter the reference code into the comments field when donating miles or money.

2) What kind of points can I donate?
Currently Give A Mile is partnered with several organizations:
a) Aeroplan miles
b) Air Miles Cash Rewards
c) American Express can be converted to Aeroplan
d) And 12 other reward programs that can be found here Link the DONATE NOW page for a list of Eligible Point Programs
e) Eligible Point Programs We hope to expand this to many other Airlines in the future. We are in the process of expanding to more programs and more details will follow soon.

3) Can I just donate money?
Yes, there is a PayPal or Credit Card option for money donations. Click DONATE NOW for links to donate cash.

4) Is my donation tax deductible?
We can provide Canadian tax receipts for any money donated but not for loyalty points or miles donated.

5) Does Give A Mile have charity status?
We are federally registered Canadian not for profit. We are partnered with Place2Give to facilitate tax receipts. Place2Give is a partner with Give A Mile in the facilitation the processing of cash donations. Place2Give Foundation is a Canadian registered charity providing online donor advised fund services. Place2Give contracted Give A Mile to provide a program and service allowing donors who want to donate Aeroplan points or cash towards bringing together friends/family during times of crisis related to terminal illness the ability to do so. Donations processed by Place2Give are transferred to Give A Mile within 30-60 days and a tax receipt from Place2Give is issued immediately upon the transaction.

6) How many miles do I have to donate?
1,000 miles is currently the minimum. You can donate 1,000, 10,000 or 100,000. It is entirely up to you and Give A Mile and the recipients will be happy with anything!

7) How can I trust Give A Mile?
We believe in spirit and good of 99.9% of people. We are committed to full transparency. As our stories build, please read our testimonial section. If you feel any trust has been violated in any part of this equation, please contact us immediately and we will investigate it fully.

8) Do you have a question that wasn’t answered here?
Please email your question to [email protected] and we will respond to you as soon as we are able.