FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA, USA to China OJ from $303 ai
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2017, 10:29 am
riphamilton

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by cagcag
Question: The itinerary was not to HKG but to HGH, with a transit to HKG on way to HGH. Will UA allow the original itinerary to terminate in HKG and forego the JKG-HGH segment?
I called the 1K line asking about how to return from HGH to USA/Canada and was told yesterday that only return departure fro PVG was covered by the protection based on discontinuance of HGH flight.I had wanted to fly with KA back to HKG and from there return via GUM and HNL to mainland.
I was further told that since the discontinuance of HGH flights was just announced tge day before my call that I should wait about a week to see whatever return options were being formulated. I'll wsit and see whatever FTers post about their experiences before I try 1K again.
Last year. I had 3 itineraries including HKG-SGN segments; UA finally agreed, without too much problems to reroute from HKG to SGN flying with OZ ( Asiana) via ICN (Seoul)
this is the same response that i got. in an odd call, i had the agent rebook my return as HKG-HND/NRT-ORD-YUL. no problem. he then went to get the ticket reissued, and then came back with what was clearly a form response: UA will no longer be serving HGH, and the only free rebooking permitted is to return to the states via PVG, after we fly our existing HKG-HGH legs.

i'll obviously HUCA, but the similarities between our calls do concern me.