FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gelato in Italy
Thread: Gelato in Italy
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2017, 7:57 am
sinfonia

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Perche, first off, thank you so much for starting this thread! It is fantastic!

We loved Vivoli in Firenze. We visited several times!

I was wondering if you happened to know if Perche No? in Firenze was "the real deal" or not? Their pistachio looked so very different (nice and gritty, not smooth and bright green) from most others and we really loved their gelato and also visited here several times.

There was a gelateria near the Duomo called Carabe which had been recommended to us by the owner of the apartment we were renting. We had also seen it ranked highly on sites like Trip Advisor (which is not saying anything) and others. We probably visited 60 gelaterias in all of Italy, and that was the most disappointing of all of them. I had the frutti di bosco and I cannot recall what my friend had, but mine did not exactly taste like berries but some sort of tangent of berries. We were perplexed and thought we must have not had developed palates because it was recommended by the apartment owner there, a local, but we did not love it. Do you know anything about this place?