FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2017 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:28 am
Degsy328

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I'd leave it a month. The refund team looks at this via a very manual process, they take several weeks at the best of times, and I imagine they are currently overwhelmed. By all means send a DM via Twitter after a few weeks, or call the Contact Centre. Refund calculation comes in 2 forms, the amount that BA will calculate, and the EC261 calculation. You will find examples upthread as to how to calculate the EC261 version, it's possible the BA internal recalculation will be a higher figure.

Quick update on this. ..

Some 8 weeks since my flight was downgraded, Customer Relations were on the ball for the Compensation element, and all done & dusted in 2 weeks. However, twice I'd been assured the Refunds team had been contacted to calculate and confirm what I'm entitled to as a refund of the fare difference, taking into account the 75% element I'd been advised about whilst in the CCR.

I tried calling the Refunds team direct 10 days ago, but it appears they are still so undermanned, the IVR phone system still tells you they are too busy to put calls through to. So I asked Customer Relations for as estimate of how long I should expect to wait. I also asked if Refunds work on a first-come-first-served basis or some other priority, but that answer isn't forthcoming.

I was promised a call within 5 working days, and was even told who would call me. This was on Fri 21st July, and disappointingly, the call never came.

It's one thing to be overwhelmed and push turnaround times out for working out Refunds (surely it's not a complex mathematical puzzle), but to promise an action and deadline and not see it through, in my book, is simply inexcusable.

Anyone else STILL waiting?