FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC op-ups non-status pax before S100K (YYZ-LGA, W&B)
Old Jul 29, 2017, 11:44 pm
jlisi984

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Sopwith
If the OP is anything like me, there are some things in life where the issue itself is not that big a deal but the aggravation factor is really high. This sounds like one of them. In general, AC seems to have a knack for finding these things.
Indeed. No op-up - no problem. Op-ing up a bunch of no-status infront of me, with my hard-earned SE (and I say this with a tinge of sarcasm)... infuriating!

Originally Posted by jjclancy
Sounds like you spent more time emailing concierges and looking up incoming flight details and making beelines and watching like a hawk and writing it up for FT than you did actually flying in the J seat you ended up in.

I don't think I've ever been incensed about a missed op-up.
I didn't email the concierge, they emailed me back upon my request (I took a two minute phone call). There was zero info about the flight (as in, when we departed YYZ at 22:40, the flight was still showing on time 20:55), it might as well have been delayed to midnight, and the gate agents from the EWR flight refused to check for us (a dozen or so pax asked). BTW, when I found out, I informed fellow pax who were loitering about, and an announcement was made only 30 minutes later. I experience delays many times over the course of the year, and AC is hands down the worst at communicating timelines. To be fair, rolling days aren't as common, but even the worst of the European charter airlines have been better.

The beeline was only when the agents showed up (I wanted to request a single A seat - small things in life), and writing it up for FT was a way to stay awake on the flight. Plus, it provides entertainment (which is sort of the purpose of FT nowadays, no?).

Yes, it was a 60 minute flight. (see above) And no, I was not incensed, but I would have been had I missed the op up and been told to move from row 12 to behind row 23. I mean... seriously... AC manages to annoy at every turn.