FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Goa Marriott Resort & Spa, India [Master Thread]
Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:01 pm
Savage25

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Thanks. That's very useful. I was debating between this property and my usual choice in Goa - the Grand Hyatt (which has a club with breakfast and evening cocktails). Any suggestions between how these two resports compare?

And whether Platinums at the Marriott would get an ocean view room upgrade if booked on points...
The Grand Hyatt is much nicer - I stayed there last year as a Diamond with a DSU and would take it over the Marriott any day. I really liked the club and the outdoor areas at the Grand Hyatt, which is a proper resort and a beach you can actually walk on. And the indoor pool is really good for proper swimming while the outdoor pool is filled with kids.

The Marriott is not bad though, and I recommend it for people who need to be in town without the need to commute too far. It overlooks the mouth of the river, so not really any "ocean" view rooms. The "beach" is really the bank of the river and is mostly rocky with a small strip of sand at low tide. The seafood restaurant is excellent, and its easier to get to the better restaurants in town from the Marriott, while at the Hyatt you're mostly restricted to eating on property unless you take an expensive ride with the taxi mafia.