FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Cancellation Policy
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2017, 11:33 am
PaulInTheSky

Originally Posted by bawm
I don't even think that will work. Just this week, two days before check in, I got a message from a Marriott property saying my guarantee CC was not valid and I should call in with an updated one, or the room would no longer be guaranteed (I'd lose the room as I arrive late).

I wasn't even trying to get around this new policy (I wanted to keep the room!). But the card I had booked with was replaced by the issuer between booking and check in. Just a word of warning that you may not want to go that route!

bawm
If the hotel checks the CCs, then that means the memo is official, and they are definitely aware of this cancellation policy. 72 hours are definitely discouraging. I just noticed that even with award reservations last weekend when I booked one in Toronto downtown. Looks like they are enforcing this even on award reservations as well.

Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
This is precisely what happens when an industry becomes very concentrated and there are fewer competitive options.

I'm booking a HGI (Hilton) property this weekend because I may need to cancel. Their policy is 6 PM DOA.
Depending on what you meant by *competitive*. If you meant choices to try different hotels, then no; but if you meant choices to cancel day-of-arrival reservations, then yes, Airbnb, Hilton, and Marriott are not giving Day-of-Arrival cancellations anymore.

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I had a flight cancelled Monday evening. (Smoke and fumes in the DC ATC Center really impacted BWI with no warning.) I was to stay at the Portsmouth Ren Mon and Tuesday. I called the Plat line. Explained the situation-they cancelled without penalty and specifically noted that I was a Plat.
Really hope this is still a benefit for being PLT.

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Jul 29, 2017 at 11:44 am