FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel, UK [Master Thread]
Old Jul 29, 2017, 1:16 am
Singapore_Air

Angry Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel, UK [Master Thread]

I am currently staying here and having the worst stay I have had at any chain hotel for the past 4 or 5 years.

I will revert later after the weekend but my advice would be to stay away and choose another hotel.

The incompetence and poor quality is staggering. In brief:

● Extremely poor signage leading to rooms on the second floor
● Idiotic signage leading from rooms on the second floor to the "Leisure Club" (e.g. signs pointing to non-existent stairs)
● No signs warning guests they're about to walk into a construction zone and the construction workers not being helpful
● No one picking up the external number for the hotel at 1630h yesterday despite calling five times
● Condescending response from front desk staff when notifying them of the poor signage and lack of people picking up the phone
● From the room, the telephone does not recognise the number for housekeeping - you have to phone the reception to put you through
● Some other guy's name popped up on the TV's welcome message
● There is no happy hour in the Executive Lounge on Fridays and Saturdays
● Housekeeping is not prompt
● The hotel does not stock or offer mouthwash to guests
● I was initially told an black Americano coffee would be an extra charge at breakfast before it was volunteered to me for free (without prompting)
● Poor quality items at breakfast.

This also appears to be the most expensive hotel Marriott has in the Manchester, UK area according to their website today.

Just vile.