FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying/Renewing Global Entry w/ Dismissed/Expunged Arrests/Charges/Convictions
Old Jul 29, 2017, 12:31 am
greglvnv

Programs: Amex, JPMR, Nexus
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
They will still see it. One of my employees, PRestor John, posts on here and was wrongfully arrested back in August. charges withdrawn and judge ordered expunged all the way up to the FBI. CBP still sees it every time he goes through and he gets the X. At IAH they always let him through quickly with the X, at PHL last week they told him it is automatic secondary for those Xs at their airport. I had to wait outside but he mentioned they said they could only see the arrest as it was already in their records but not what it was and that it was all expunged. They let him go quickly but mentioned there are only a small handful of people at CBP in DC who can change a GE status after the fact like this to make the X go away. I would presume Snugg will get the X all the time for now.

I'll ask PJ to post more of his info.
I am speaking from my own experience. I don't know if a county judge has any power to order FBI to remove the arrest record but what I know is that I personally obtained a new citizenship, got approved for Nexus and became an FBI contractor after disclosing a conviction record that was confirmed removed from NCIC by a letter from the state repository. None of the DHS, CBP, CBSA or FBI officials I came into contact with were able to locate the record. I never got an X either.