FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How can i fly from the US to Thailand for $200?
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:07 pm
Oj778

Originally Posted by skyway
Haha!

So i c it's impossible then huh?

OK, So what's the cheapest i can get then (like cheaper then that is unheard of)?
It's possible. I flew New York to Bangkok, round trip, taxes included in March for $260 Return, with only 1 layover each way (not using awards/miles)

Subscribe to flight deal blogs, and pay attention to the mileage run deal thread in order to seek out mistake fares. Once a mistake fare is exposed to the blogs/forums, usually the deal lasts only for a matter of hours, sometimes minutes. So make sure the airline has a 24 hour free cancellation, and if it does, book something asap if you want to take advantage of the mistake fare.

Mistake fares are always YMMV, an airline might cancel a mistake fare anytime. Had one airline cancel my flights 2 and a half months after original purchase once just because it was a mistake fare

Now there are some other "tricks" as well to get really low fares but that's a whole other level, which requires a crap load of time, research and patience.