FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancellations 5 months in advance, thanks BA
Old Jul 28, 2017, 3:40 am
wmaciej

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Angry Cancellations 5 months in advance, thanks BA

You gotta love these single-sided contracts, which don't allow you to cancel your ticket free of charge, but if the airline feels like canceling your flight for an undisclosed reason, you have to accept it and get on with it.

So, I've had two avios bookings on BA850 on the 16th and 23rd December. Both cancelled this morning. Called the GGL line. 12 minute wait to get the call answered. After checking with operations, the agent came back and said they don't have a clear reason for the cancellation and it may be a schedule change or "for operational reasons". So I went back to ExpertFlyer and see BA850 operating every Saturday from 25/11/17 to 27/01/18. Looking up flight availability, 850 is not showing up *only* on the 16th December (and happily showing up 3 days before/after) and on the 23rd December (3 days before and one day after showing up just fine). Options presented consisted of "take a flight 4 hours earlier or next day" and "we can issue a full refund" (which the first paragraph of my moan refers to). Alternative carrier was not an option. Needless to say I am well pissed off

I've asked to be put through to customer relations to vent my frustration (frankly I feel for these guys, they must be getting a lot of heat recently). The lady reiterated on schedule changes and operational reasons (which I can understand a day out, a week out, but 5 months?!). Also, on the note of poor performance in answering phones by GGL (which I blame on cuts), she's blamed the IT meltdown from 2 months back. What a convenient excuse for the management for running the company into the ground and throwing customer experience out of the window. I'm sad to see what BA has become.

I'm now going to look for an alternative travel arrangements. ABBA it is

I feel better now, having vented a little bit Thanks for reading