FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Economy Choice Menu: Bistro on Board and Snack Shop [2017-2018]
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:05 am
eng3

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by transportprof
I sure hope that UA's rules don't allow for any outside food to go into their on-board ovens under any circumstances. The public health and security reasons for such a restriction should be obvious.
Don't FA's commonly put their own food into those ovens? I remember flying on PHL-ORD on thanksgiving once and the FA told me they had turkey in the oven but it was for them (after I joked about getting the snack basket instead of a turkey dinner). I've also see FA's put in a burger or something that looked like it came from the food court. I've never seen fried chicken in there though

As for the pizza, I figured it would not be crisp. If you put it in the oven with the cover on top, you are basically steaming it. Which is why other "normally crisp hot food" shouldn't be served on an airplane. I'd much rather have a simple dish made well than a fancy dish made poorly. Airlines like many restaurants try to jump before they can crawl. Get the basics right first. (That applies to everything)

Last edited by eng3; Jul 27, 2017 at 8:11 am