FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Original Routing Credit (ORC) Beginner's Guide
Old Jul 27, 2017, 2:25 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by billinghamn
I think my recent case is a bit more complex than the norm involving 3 airlines. I booked one of the San Antonio deals (which I flew last weekend). Route was supposed to be: MAN-HEL-ORD-DFW-SAT and return. So Finnair on first 2 sectors, and then AA on final 2 sectors. It was BA ticketed.

I managed to get to San Antonio ok, although I had two instances of flight delays due to aircraft maintenance. When the ORD-DFW was delayed by 3 hours, AA attempted to re-route me on a direct ORD-SAT in economy, but I managed to get them to reroute me in first class. Ended up arriving 5 hours later than planned. Not the end of the world. San Antonio is a great place to go to (BTW).

Real problem arose on the return. SAT-DFW was ok. Then at DFW my DFW-ORD was delayed due to aircraft maintenance (3rd time on this trip). It kept getting delayed by an hour or so. I had 5 hours connection time at ORD, but the AA agent in DFW and I knew where this was heading - to a cancelaltion. So the AA agent rerouted me back on a different route: DFW-LHR-MAN with AA and then BA. As expected a couple of hours later, the DFW-ORD flight was cancelled, so the reroute saved a load of hassle for everyone. Anyway, I am down by 80 TPs.

I have emailed the priority assistance line, and their initial response was that Finnair don't provide ORC. I've responded already highlighting this was an IRROPS situation and Finnair do provide ORC - they provided ORC on one of my recent TLL TP runs.

The complication here is that the return TATL was due to be flown on Finnair, but in the end I flew AA TATL. So who is BA supposed to contact to get my ORC credited? Is it Finnair or AA?
Just a thought, you mentioned you did get ORC on your TLL trip and therefore AY do ORC. However, I thought the marketing airline was the one crediting and I assume your TLL flights were all BA marketed, in which case it was BA doing the ORC and not AY? Could it be true that AY don't do ORC?