FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:42 am
OsakaWino

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by RTW1
I think an 8 night upgrade might be tough to get, but who knows.... lots of small balconies as well where there's only room for 1.
But since you are at least providing a decent amount of revenue I would hope your chances are better than on just points.
That does not sound very encouraging. The Park King sounds like a pretty dreary room. Even though the P&C rate is a good deal less than the standard rate, since I always end up buying pts at the 40% bonus sale in order to use these P&C rates, the end cost is at the very top of our budget. Maybe it would be best to split the reservation into 2 (2 nights & 6 nights considering the 48 hr cancellation) and double-book at the HR, then move there if we don't like the room at the PH.

We stayed at the PH twice way back in 2001 before the renovations and really liked the area, but the rates then were no higher than similar properties in much less desirable locations.